Age Gracefully with Botox Injections
Botox is the #1 cosmetic treatment worldwide — and for good reason. It’s safe, quick, minimally invasive, and delivers amazing results. One 15 minute session can take years off your face. The best part? You’ll still look like yourself, but better. Botox treatment works by relaxing the muscles that tend to furrow or tighten when you make certain facial expressions. Those expressions repeatedly fold your skin over time. Eventually, they turn into full-blown creases. Tiny injections of Botox can temporarily smooth away unwanted lines and wrinkles. You’ll still be able to make facial expressions, but Botox helps minimize extreme movements that age your skin. Afterward, your face will look younger, happier, and more rested.
Wear and tear is unavoidable in life. No matter how well you take care of your body, you’ll see the natural effects of age, worry, and stress on your skin. There’s nothing wrong with that — after all, your experiences make you the person you are today. Still, most people find that a little extra self- care goes a long way.
Getting Botox treatments is a lot like wearing a beautifully tailored dress or custom-made suit: you’re bringing out the best in your appearance. You’re taking control of how you face the world. Beauty may come from the inside, but it’s a two-way street.
When you look great, you’ll feel more confidently you.
Botox for Men
Cosmetic procedures like Botox are becoming more popular with men all over the country, and why not? Just like exercise, diet, and grooming, it’s a great tool to optimize the way you look and feel. Taking pride in your appearance is for everyone.
In fact, Botox for men has become so common that it has its own name — Brotox. Between social media and our youth-focused culture, many men find that Botox treatments can give them an advantage in dating and in their careers. It’s a quick, affordable investment in yourself with near-instant results.
Is Botox treatment right for you?
You should consider Botox if:
- People think you look angry, sad, or tired, even when you’re not.
- You look older on the outside than you feel on the inside.
- Visible signs of aging are slowing down your career.
- You’re unhappy about your severe crow’s feet, frown lines, or forehead lines.
- You’re just starting to show signs of age and you want to slow it down.
- There aren’t any lines or wrinkles at all yet, but you’d like to prevent them.
- You want to fix a “gummy” or downturned smile.
- You want to refine your brow shape or position.
- You’ve considered liposuction around your jawline, but would prefer something less invasive.
- You have drooping or hooded skin around your eyes.
- You’re embarrassed about excessive body sweat.
- You want a fast, simple “pick-me-up” to refresh your appearance.
What to expect during your visit
Botox treatments are fast and relatively painless with very little recovery time. Prior to getting started, your provider will consult with you about your cosmetic goals and any questions you might have. Because no two faces are the same, we’ll analyze your unique facial features to decide which areas to treat.
The procedure itself typically takes about 10-15 minutes. The specialist will inject the Botox with a very small needle. Afterwards, you’ll be able to go back to most of your daily routine. You might experience some minor temporary bruising, swelling, or tenderness.
Botox aftercare: Do’s and Don’ts
Recovery is pretty simple, but for best botox results, our provider will give you some guidelines for what to do and what not to do after a Botox treatment.
Right after the procedure (0-4 hours):
- Avoid exercise of any kind.
- Stay upright. Bending over or laying down after Botox can cause it to move into an unwanted area. If the Botox migrates, it can cause your face to look crooked, droopy, or lopsided.
- Keep your head elevated.
- No touching, rubbing, pressing, or massaging your face.
- Avoid wearing makeup on or near the injection site.
- Steer clear of alcohol.
- Avoid blood thinning medications like aspirin or ibuprofen, if possible. If your medication is medically necessary, make sure to discuss with your provider prior to treatment.
- Do not apply heat to the area. This includes taking hot baths, getting into hot showers, and using saunas or hot tubs.
- Normal daily activity is okay, as long as it follows the guidelines above.
Shortly after the procedure (4-24 hours):
- No strenuous exercise.
- Light exercise is okay.
- Gentle touching of your face is okay, including applying makeup and skincare products.
- To reduce any swelling, you can gently apply an ice pack.
- Continue to avoid applying heat to the area.
- Laying down is okay, but it’s recommended to avoid sleeping face-down the first night.
The next day and beyond (24+ hours):
- You can go back doing everything normally, including strenuous exercise.
- Call your provider if you see or experience anything unusual. This might include drooping eyelids or eyebrows, crooked expressions, or swelling that doesn’t go down.